The Senior Operations Accountant will be responsible for settling one or more plant or gathering assets and/or assisting other accountants with their assets in a timely and accurate manner and in accordance with company policies using the various accounting systems.
- Cross-train on gathering and plant systems in the Marcellus/Southwest/Utica asset areas to obtain experience closing systems in both manual spreadsheets and the Quorum application.
- Obtains information from internal and external sources to record accounting transactions in the accounting systems and general ledger.
- Ensures transactions are recorded, documented, reviewed, and supported in accordance with company policies and controls.
- Assure adherence to applicable customer contract terms.
- Responsible for accuracy and timeliness of transactions in the systems and general ledger accounts. Applies analytical review to system results to ensure transactions are properly recorded in the accounting systems.
- Prepare monthly estimates & actualization for the specific assets.
- Analyzes account balances and margin account activity at month end and prepares properly supported account reconciliations, margin analysis, and SOX documentation.
- Provide monthly variance analysis on assets for management reporting purposes.
- Answers and resolves internal and external customer inquiries, including audit inquiries from external auditors, Internal Auditing, and producer auditors.
- Files applicable regulatory reports as required by state and federal governmental agencies.
- Strive to understand the full range of the applicable operational accounting systems functionality, the specific assets for which the accountant is responsible and the midstream business.
- Supports projects as needed and assists other accountants as requested by management.
- Maintains desk procedures to document the mechanics of booking the assets.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting required
- 3+ years of experience required
- 1-3 years of oil and gas industry experience preferred.
- Experience with Oracle or SAP preferred.
- Strong understanding of generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP).
- Ability to work in a challenging and fast-paced environment.
- Ability to operate independently and provide solutions.
- Highly motivated and team-oriented individual.
- Detail-oriented and strong analytical skills.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficient in use of Excel and Word and have the aptitude to effectively learn company-specific accounting systems.
- Excellent organization skills.