At CoBank, the Senior / Lead Relational Manager manages significant account relationships with existing and prospective customers in power, energy and utility sectors. Maximizes credit and financial services provided to the customer to enhance the bank’s profitability goals. Implements marketing and account servicing plans to capitalize on marketing opportunities within assigned segment. Works independently to develop new business and manage existing portfolio. Mentors and provides guidance to junior level staff. Supports the achievement of profitability and credit goals for the division through day-to-day management of account relationships.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Independently manages the day-to-day customer relationship of complex, highly visible accounts. Meets regularly with customers and gathers information on their businesses, needs, strategic direction, and earnings to determine business opportunities.
- Calls on potential or existing customers to develop new business and increase or retain existing business.
- Cross-markets CoBank’s products and services to meet goals for assigned accounts. Develops and implements plans to capitalize on marketing opportunities.
- Guides the development and analysis of financial data for new or renewed financing arrangements.
- Recommends decisions on loan terms and loan servicing actions within approved limits on assigned accounts.
- Manages to profitability and credit quality targets for portfolio.
- Guides credit analysis area in the development and analysis of financial background data for new or renewed loans.
- Prudently services accounts to protect CoBank and minimize losses.
- Maintains expertise in a designated market/industry segment and keeps abreast of industry trends, technology, regulatory requirements and the competitive environment. Studies industrial, commercial, and financial situations relating to new or existing businesses as requested. Makes recommendations on financial and organization structure, locations, and other business-related issues. Provides additional guidance or advice to customers as appropriate.
- Reviews approval or approves extension of credit to certain accounts requiring higher-level delegated authority.
- Assists less experienced staff in their relationships with customers. Provides leadership and guidance in account management and marketing techniques.
- Participates in special projects, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or relevant discipline and
- Five (5) or more years of experience preferably in banking or financial services industry; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Master’s degree or MBA preferred.
- Expert knowledge of credit and financing alternatives.
- Advanced knowledge of technical standards, industry trends, technology, and regional/national regulatory requirements.
- Advanced knowledge of competitive environment and practices in the energy industry.
- Demonstrated of cross-marketing skills, with the ability to deliver marketing presentations to potential and existing customers.
- Proven ability to analyze all components on standard credits.
- Excellent business acumen, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong detail and customer service orientation.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to deliver commitments while juggling multiple projects and priorities. Ability to work effectively under deadline pressures, and adjust quickly and effectively to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, with the ability to develop and maintain relationships and to communicate effectively to all levels of management, staff, and external stakeholders,
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Availability for occasional work outside normal business hours.
- Moderate to extensive travel 30% required.
Estimated Base Salary Range: $120,000-225,000 / Target short-term incentive opportunity: 30%-35%