At CoBank, our Senior Relationship Manager/Lead Relationship Manager manages existing investor relationships, prospects for new investors, and manages new business and account relationships with existing and prospective customers in assigned market and/or industry segment, in support of profitability and credit goals for the division. Implements marketing and account servicing plans to capitalize on marketing opportunities within assigned segment. Assists Capital Markets team and management with marketing, preparing term sheets and closing capital markets transactions. Works with Capital Markets Specialists to complete and review agreements and allocation workbooks, and coordinates with Operations, Treasury, and Legal to successfully close a transaction. Maintains current market view through consistent coverage of capital markets transactions, and leverages customer and industry knowledge to educate investors and address investor inquiries and questions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages the day-to-day customer relationship of investor accounts. Meets regularly with customers and gathers information on their businesses, needs, strategic direction, and earnings to determine business opportunities.
- Calls on potential or existing customers and investors to develop new business and increase or retain existing business.
- Cross-markets CoBank’s products and services with the industry Relationship Manager to meet goals for assigned industry sector accounts and investors. Implements plans to capitalize on marketing opportunities.
- Contributes to the development and analysis of financial data for new or renewed financing arrangements.
- Writes Confidential Information Memorandums, drafts term sheets and commitment letters, and completes call reports and due diligence memos.
- Recommends decisions on loan terms and loan servicing actions within approved limits on assigned accounts.
- Manages to profitability and transaction targets for investors.
- Provides market guidance to credit analysis area in the development and analysis of financial background data for new or renewed loans.
- Prudently services investors to protect CoBank and minimize losses.
- Provides guidance or advice to customers, and addresses customer inquiries.
- Participates in Capital Markets updates and product seminars.
- Maintains expertise in a designated market/industry segment and keeps abreast of industry trends, technology, regulatory requirements and the competitive environment. Studies industrial, commercial, and financial situations relating to new or existing businesses as requested. Attends industry and loan market conferences.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance or relevant discipline
- Ten (10) or more years of relevant experience, preferably in banking, financial services industry or agriculture; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Broad knowledge of credit and financing alternatives.
- Advanced knowledge of technical standards, industry trends, technology and regional/national regulatory requirements.
- Knowledge of competitive environment and practices in customer’s industry.
- Proven skills in cross marketing and analyzing components on standard and complex credits, as well as deliver marketing presentations to potential and existing customers.
- Excellent business acumen, analytical, problem solving and decision making skills.
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize, manage projects and deliver on commitments within tight timeframes and competing priorities.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Strong detail and customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability develop and maintain relationships and to communicate effectively to all levels of management, staff, and external stakeholders, including co-op management, boards and councils, prospects, Farm Credit associations, participation banks, accountants and attorneys.
- Demonstrated skills in Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, Access), and other business systems.
- Ability to occasionally work outside of normal business hours.
- Moderate to extensive travel required.
Estimated Base Salary Range: $130,000-215,000 / Target short-term incentive opportunity: 30%-45%