At CoBank, our Senior Credit Analyst/Credit Officer prepares analyses and conducts credit investigations of routine and more complex credits in accordance with prescribed methods and procedures. Prepares and presents credit reports to appropriate senior staff or committees. Cosponsors or approves credits within prescribed credit limits. Assists with account servicing, credit administration, and documentation. Provides support to credit manager and appropriate staff with research and statistical analysis. Assists with the preparation of reports and presentations for bank management, customers, and regulatory agencies.
Credit Professionals play a crucial role in executing CoBank's mission to serve as a reliable provider of credit to agriculture and rural infrastructure businesses. This position will allow experienced credit professionals to grow and build a career in a team-focused environment that values sound credit quality and prudent underwriting standards. This career opportunity will provide a broad exposure to a diverse and dynamic customer base.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Develops credit information and structures financial proposals for use by senior staff and committees in making decisions about credit arrangements for new, renewal, or extension loans. Cosponsors or approves credit requests within prescribed limits.
- Reviews all pertinent credit and financial information and determines the need for more thorough investigation or additional information. Analyzes information statements and related material and prepares summaries, presents facts, and offers opinions concerning credit worthiness, covenant, and loan strucutre. Understands and follows bank guidelines, policies, and procedures for the preparation and presentation of credit information.
- Assists with credit administration, account servicing, development, packaging, closing, documentation, and monitoring.
- Maintains control over current accounts, monitoring for payment progress, developing problems, trends, and compliance with covenants. Provides relevant and timely information to internal stakeholders including account officers, relationship managers, and credit staff.
- Assists credit manager and other senior staff members with internal research and analysis, provides statistical reports, and verifies information. Prepares and delivers presentations on topics as assigned.
- Develops and utilizes computerized spreadsheets, programs, and other automated tools for credit analysis, special projects, or presentations.
- May authorize loan advances and loan re-pricing with money desk staff.
- Keeps abreast of industry trends and competitive environment.
- Adds value to account relationships and supports the achievement of profitability and credit quality goals through interactions with staff and customers.
- Serves as primary backup for customer phone calls.
- Improves credit and communication skills on an ongoing basis.
- Participates in special projects, and performs other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, or relevant discipline and
- Three (3) or more years of credit experience in banking industry; or appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Intermediate knowledge of credit and financial analysis, including cash flow analysis, balance sheet analysis, profitability, liquidity, and solvency analysis.
- Intermediate knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), taxation, legal forms of organizations, and business law.
- Intermediate/advanced knowledge of financial modeling techniques and preparation of pro forma financial statements.
- Knowledge of typical credit underwriting policies, procedures, processes, collateral valuation, and documentation.
- Ability to perform discounted cash flow analysis, capital budgeting (internal rate of return, net present value, etc.), and equity valuation calculations.
- Proven ability to work independently with minimal guidance, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Excellent detail and customer service orientation.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to lead teams, work collaboratively and build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of associates, management, and internal customers across the bank.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to deliver commitments while juggling multiple projects and priorities. Ability to work effectively under deadline pressures, and adjust quickly and effectively to changing priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication. Excellent active listening skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel, Access).
- Availability for occasional work outside normal business hours.
- Availability for occasional travel.
Estimated Base Salary Range: $70,000-$100,000 / Target short-term incentive opportunity: 11%-15%