The position is focused primarily on all elements of the dairy industry from milk production to final consumer products. The analyst’s primary responsibility is to deliver thought leadership primarily through timely, insightful, and concise industry/economic research reports, analyses, and presentations to internal and external audiences throughout the U.S. Toward this end, he or she will work collaboratively with other CoBank professionals with a shared interest in the dairy industry to identify key trends and industry issues and the implications for CoBank and customers.
This position is ideal for someone (a) with a passion for delving into current issues, new trends, structural change, and their implications for the dairy industry and (b) who can successfully inform others about his or her insights into this industry. Toward this end, he or she must have a talent for writing and synthesizing information into meaningful conclusions, and experience in public speaking and developing insightful economic presentations. The position provides flexibility to work on a wide variety of industry topics and interact with leading CoBank dairy customers and industry thought-leaders, including academics and other industry experts. His or her analyses and conclusions will be used to inform decision-making within and outside CoBank.
- Bachelor’s degree in economics, business, finance, or other relevant discipline.
- Seven (7) or more years of experience as an industry or economic analyst; or an appropriate combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree or PhD preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of dairy value chain from production to processing to final consumer products.
- Proven experience as an economic analyst focused on dairy production and dairy processing industries.
- Exceptional analytical skills, with demonstrated market knowledge and expertise in addition to broad-based business sense and acumen.
- Proven ability to write and synthesize information into meaningful conclusions.
- Ability to work with large amounts of data in a fast-paced multi-task environment, and to provide written and verbal summaries to key bank decision makers.
- Solid understanding and ability to implement project management concepts. Proven ability to initiate and complete research projects in field(s) of expertise.
- Strong attention to detail and customer service orientation.
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and public speaking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to build and maintain effective working relationships with all levels of associates, management, internal customers and other stakeholders.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, with the ability to deliver commitments while juggling multiple projects and competing priorities.
- Ability to work independently as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Travel -up to 25%
Estimated Base Salary Range: $135,000-$162,000 / Target short-term incentive opportunity: 18%