At CoBank, the Inside Sales Cash Management Consultant directs and coordinates cash management solutions for Regional Agribusiness direct, Association, Rural Infrastructure and Corporate Finance customers. Assesses customer needs, and identifies potential cash management solutions to support the development of new cash management customers, and the expansion and retention of existing cash management customers. Assists lines of business by serving as a trusted advisor for the customer. Leads risk assessment associated with potential solutions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates pro-active approach in managing and identifying cash management opportunity leads within the existing portfolio for expansion and retention efforts, and in working with territory consultants regarding their targeted prospects for acquisition efforts.
- Collaborates with territory consultant and RMs to develop specific strategies for on-going marketing plans and promotional efforts.
- Serves as the trusted advisor for customers with cash management needs.
- Performs various activities in support of the sales function, including (but not limited to) calling customers, conducting relationship reviews for customers with cash management needs, participating in public speaking engagements for both internal and external meetings, participating in educational sessions for relationship managers, customers, and associations,
- Collaborates and maintains communication with territory consultants, relationship managers and internal partners to stay up-to-date on customer relationships and provide seamless service.
- Prepares sales presentations which provide recommendations for customers’ cash management needs. Conducts analyses of entity’s receivables, payables, information reporting, liquidity management, fraud management, and other operational processes.
- Assist territory consultants to prepare cash management presentations for internal lines of business and Farm Credit System Associations.
- Updates the Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system on sales calls, pipeline stages, customer reviews, etc. for both new and existing cash management customers and prospects, supporting territory consultants and management and enabling current and accurate report generation on projected revenue growth by line of business, portfolio management priorities, and initiatives.
- Works with territory consultants and relationship managers to manage and grow the portfolio through effective referrals and collaborative customer service.
- Develops business plan for assigned portfolio that is aligned with production key performance indicators (KPIs), and consistent with overall bank objectives.
- Performs timely follow-up on newly implemented cash management services to address any concerns and ensure customer satisfaction.
- Monitors the implementation process, including the preparation of required agreements.
- Creates customer relationship revenue estimate, spend, and opportunity analyses for key accounts, and prepares, manages, and executes business and opportunity plans in order to meet business objectives and bank revenue.
- Assist territory consultant to prepare and participate in responses to Requests for Proposals (RFPs) for new business, coordinating with relationship managers.
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant discipline.
- Four (4) years of relevant experience.
- Certified Cash Manager (CCM) and/or Certified Treasury Professional (CTP) preferred.
- Expertise in cash management and working capital products, solutions, trends and best practices.
- Advanced advisory-focused sales and influencing skills and customer focus, with proven ability to apply creative and innovative solutions and to focus on profitability while meeting the needs of the customer and the line.
- Proven analytical skills, detail orientation and strong business acumen.
- Demonstrated leadership behaviors, including a willingness to share knowledge and support with team members, provide input and feedback toward process improvement, and work collaboratively toward shared goals.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and facilitation skills, with the ability to work collaboratively and build and maintain effective relationships with all levels of executives, internal team members, customers, and other stakeholders and partners.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent organizational, time management and prioritization skills.
- Ability to work independently, as well as collaboratively in a team environment.
- Knowledge with Microsoft Office applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
- Required: 10-20% travel.
Estimated Base Salary Range: $85,000-$110,000 / Target short-term incentive opportunity: 20%