As an employee of the Children’s Museum, the Facilities Crew Member will play a key role in making an excellent first impression among our members and guests by providing and maintaining a welcoming, clean, safe and secure environment on our entire campus. The Museum’s 8+ acre campus includes our 3 acre outdoor experience, Joy Park, with water features, a small apple orchard, sand dunes, zip lines, native grasslands and other thoughtfully designed landscaping throughout. The Facilities Crew Member is responsible for maintaining high quality presentation and safety standards, therefore effective development and execution of short and long term landscape design and maintenance strategies is essential.
Position Specifications: 40 hours a week. Will include at least one weekend day with flexible hours as needed to meet business needs for occasional evenings, holidays and events.
Rate: $19.00/hour ($1/hour more for bilingual proficiency)
Benefits: A comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental and vision coverage. Paid time-off for vacation, sick days and four holidays. 401(k) Retirement Plan with eligibility to contribute after a 3-month waiting period (must be 21 years of age). Employee Assistance Program, flexible spending account and short-term disability. Free parking, free family membership to the Museum, and discounts in the Museum Gift Shop and Café.
Please note: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the responsibilities.
- Tree and plant care/maintenance (watering, pruning etc.)
- Hardscape installation/maintenance (flagstone walkways etc.)
- Weed pulling and spraying
- Landscape material maintenance and replacement
- Lawn mowing, trimming and edging
- Support general cleaning of property on daily basis
- Support routine light and filter changes
- Special projects as needed to include general repairs and daily maintenance needs throughout the Museum
- General painting and touch ups
- General daily operations responsibilities
- Responsible for snow removal
- Adhere to the Museum’s safety policies and procedures and encourage others to do the same
- 6 months landscape maintenance experience
- Experience and familiarity with small machines, i.e. mowers, blowers, string trimmer, etc.
- Understanding of landscaping and irrigation systems a plus
- Drywall repair and painting experience a plus
- Basic carpentry skills
- Confident and motivated self-starter with an eye for quality and detail
- Ability to effectively communicate with staff, volunteers, and guests in a direct and respectful manner
- Team-oriented and able to successfully work with people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Able to follow standard operating procedures and checklists with high accuracy
- Spanish speaker is a plus
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- All candidates are subject to the Museum's pre-employment screening process
- Frequently move, transport and position equipment up to 60 pounds across campus for various Museum operation’s needs
- Must be able to stand or walk for long periods of time
- Must be able to work with basic tools i.e. hand tools, landscaping tools, drills, ladders, etc.
- Effectively operate a two way radio to frequently communicate and exchange information with staff
- Frequently communicate with staff with daily inquiries and must be able to exchange accurate information in these situations
This position operates in busy indoor and outdoor environment where variable temperatures, crowds and moderate to very noisy sound levels are common
Please note: Proof of COVID-19 vaccination status or submission of a weekly negative COVID-19 test results is required. Requests for reasonable accommodations will be considered.
The Children’s Museum of Denver at Marsico Campus is an equal opportunity employer. The Museum is dedicated to the goal of building a culturally diverse staff committed to serving the needs of all our visitors and we encourage applications from individuals of all backgrounds.
$19 To $20 per hour